Sunday, April 1, 2012

a piece to the puzzle

"Hot and Cold Animal Puzzles" is the title to the lesson Chad, Sadie, and Lyndsey taught to us last week. In this 3rd grade lesson, we were each given a puzzle piece and asked to use either warm or cool colors. I was to use warm colors for my project. I followed the example sheet they handed out to draw my fox with red texture. I then used yellow and orange to create my background of geometric squares.
Some of the vocabulary from this lesson included: warm colors, cool colors, patterns, line, and texture.
An extension for this activity may include a writing about the process to make the puzzle or about the new terminology presented to the class. The class could also collaborate to create another puzzle with more similarities. The students could work together to put the puzzle together.

Have a creative day!
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment